Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hibernia Diner, a mini-review

Everything this man touches turnes to crap, seriously. Everything from small Caribbean nations to sandwiches. Why do we invoke el Fidel himself? Enter the Hibernia Diner, located at 9 Green Pond Road, Rockaway, NJ.


This is a popular trucker's diner for its location directly off route 80 and its 24 hours of operation. Also popular for the local youth of Rockaway and Denville. We visited this diner long before DM existed (like 2 months, man) and it turned out to be not the best experience.

It has your typical modern layout, nothing to write home about there. We were seated at the dining area and proceeded to read the menu. I noticed they offered a Cuban sandwich. Having fond memories of Cuban sandwiches my stepmother brought back for me from Bloomfield, I was tempted to try it, despite being unusual diner fare.

Our food came pretty quick. Perhaps a little too quick. We both chowed down on our respective dishes. My Cuban sandwich was actually pretty good - I wolfed it down pretty quickly.

It was pretty uneventful from that point. I think I remember it being somewhat expensive, but most 24-hour diners are. All was normal, until the next morning.

I awoke at 7:00am the next morning, for what seemed like no particular reason, until I got that feeling: I'm going to fucking throw up everywhere. I made it to the bathroom at least, but 40 years of struggle against capitalist pigs exited my digestive tract at that point. I was sick the rest of the day, and had to call out of work.

As much as I'd like to give Hibernia a negative rating, we did have an okay time there, and the service was pretty good. Hibernia gets 1/5 Munchies.


No comments:

Post a Comment